Seaboard92 Is Taking Off

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that. Of course now it's too late because I'm out of training. And we are closing the Dayton training base too. If I had come just a few months later it would have been in Charlotte too.
What kind of training?
This kind:
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 4.01.31 PM.png

I may be a regional employee for a wholly owned subsidiary but I wear the American Airlines uniform and represent their brand. I try my best to represent it best that I can I just wish everyone else would pull some of the weight. Imagine what would happen if you had a whole airline of people who actually cared and tried at the level of what I do? We would be the No. 1 airline in the world for customer service.

I love your attitude and philosophy! That type of concern for their fellow man is sorely missing in 2021.

Delta once had--and may still do--staff in Red jackets who were customer service reps and were roaming in the check-in and concourse areas.

2019, while transferring to my flight to Vancouver at MSP, I knew my gate and thought that it was close to the gate where my flight from DAY had arrived. Walking along, a Delta employee with a cart pulled next to me and asked where I was going. I told her my gate number and I thought it was nearby. She said: "you'd be surprised. Get in" I did and I was surprised! It was considerably farther than I thought it was according the layout map of the airport.

This might sound bad, but IROP days were what made things interesting for me while at the regionals for 12 years. I was NYC based and later ORD based so ATC ground stops and delay programs were not uncommon going there. It really was the most challenging part when you're all boarded up and ready to go and ATC calls tells you there's an at least hour long ground stop to our destination. Now the question is do we keep everyone on board for an hour or more and hope its gets lifted sooner? Does @Seaboard92 mind waiting on pax in the cabin? If that happens we can be wheels up in 4 minutes and people can make connections. But the RJ is uncomfortable and can get warm in the summer. Should we have everyone get off to wait in the much more comfortable terminal where they can talk to the gate agents about connections or get something to eat? Can the ground staff handle the volume or do they need to work another flight? What about everyones valet tag bags? If you do this it'll take another good 20-30 minutes to round everyone up when ATC lifts the restrictions. Sometimes I (we) made the right decision, sometimes it was wrong.

Listening to other pilot PA's about delays I tried my best to be informative and detailed but not too detailed either. With mechanical delays, if I was too detailed, no one would understand what I'm saying. Too little and everyone thinks I'm lying or trying to fly an unsafe aircraft. :rolleyes: I have tons of stories if I ever type them out.

This might sound bad, but IROP days were what made things interesting for me while at the regionals for 12 years. I was NYC based and later ORD based so ATC ground stops and delay programs were not uncommon going there. It really was the most challenging part when you're all boarded up and ready to go and ATC calls tells you there's an at least hour long ground stop to our destination. Now the question is do we keep everyone on board for an hour or more and hope its gets lifted sooner? Does @Seaboard92 mind waiting on pax in the cabin? If that happens we can be wheels up in 4 minutes and people can make connections. But the RJ is uncomfortable and can get warm in the summer. Should we have everyone get off to wait in the much more comfortable terminal where they can talk to the gate agents about connections or get something to eat? Can the ground staff handle the volume or do they need to work another flight? What about everyones valet tag bags? If you do this it'll take another good 20-30 minutes to round everyone up when ATC lifts the restrictions. Sometimes I (we) made the right decision, sometimes it was wrong.

Listening to other pilot PA's about delays I tried my best to be informative and detailed but not too detailed either. With mechanical delays, if I was too detailed, no one would understand what I'm saying. Too little and everyone thinks I'm lying or trying to fly an unsafe aircraft. :rolleyes: I have tons of stories if I ever type them out.

I'll happily serve actually. Twice recently I've had 20-30 minute ground stops usually at outstations because ATC wasn't ready for us in Charlotte and I can get a full first class service done in that time. Then I do a second in the air I don't mind at all. The best thing we can do is host our customers and talk to them. It takes them longer to get on or off the aircraft then the other options.

Nope not at all. I probably should ask my local police chief if he could point me in the direction of a place for that.

Thursday evening's NBC News with Lester Holt had a report that there is a training course being offered in Chicago to teach Flight Attendants how to protect themselves and to resist the idiots that would attack them. A United Airlines Flight Attendant was interviewed who was part of the Class. God forbid that I ever witness the kind of encounters during the training that I saw during that news clip!

Thursday evening's NBC News with Lester Holt had a report that there is a training course being offered in Chicago to teach Flight Attendants how to protect themselves and to resist the idiots that would attack them. A United Airlines Flight Attendant was interviewed who was part of the Class. God forbid that I ever witness the kind of encounters during the training that I saw during that news clip!

My girlfriends father actually offered some form of training actually on how to defend myself. And he's EX SpetsnazI would say he's pretty qualified on self defense. He also said it's good to see what he can do to me if I ever hurt his daughter. I caught his message loud and clear.

Back