Seating arrangements email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email from Amtrak about the seat reservation I have. However, when I logged in to check what seat I have (pretty sure it was window) Amtrak says this train is canceled. Talk about conflict! I’ve already rebooked on another train, but thought I’d share this oddity.

Here’s the email I got:

Amtrak currently offers seat reservations in Northeast Regional Business class. To allow for physical distancing between customers, only window seats will be assigned. If you are traveling in a group of two or more, you will each be assigned window seats in separate rows but may choose to sit next to one another. If you were originally assigned a seat that is no longer available, you will receive a new eTicket with your new seat assignment.

You can view or change your seat assignment by finding your reservation on Amtrak’s mobile app or selecting ‘Modify Trip’ on Amtrak.com,. You may also text or call one of our agents at 800 USA RAIL.

Thanks for being a valued Amtrak customer. We'll see you onboard!

Back