Seattle - Bremerton Ferry in winter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6862

Engineer
Does this ferry usually operate all through winter or is it hit and miss due to weather? I have read it is a highly recommended trip to make, but in mid-winter?

Thank you

It's a commuter ferry, so it's big and beautiful. Upper deck is highly recommended in "weather." You can go outside and get the wind on your face or, if it's just too wet, there's an area at the front that is not-quite-outside (unheated, but sheltered from driving rain).

Think North Sea Ferry without the waves, and mountains both ahead and behind.
ferry_Tobias_Eagen_web.jpg

I have a long-time friend (since we were 16) in Bremerton, so let me know if you do go there.

It's a commuter ferry, so it's big and beautiful. Upper deck is highly recommended in "weather." You can go outside and get the wind on your face or, if it's just too wet, there's an area at the front that is not-quite-outside (unheated, but sheltered from driving rain).

Think North Sea Ferry without the waves, and mountains both ahead and behind.
ferry_Tobias_Eagen_web.jpg

I have a long-time friend (since we were 16) in Bremerton, so let me know if you do go there.

Thanks Jennifer, 'North Sea ferry without the waves' is beautifully descriptive. Love the photo and would like to say hello for you too. J

Back