Select, Select Plus, Select Executive population

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 2022 I had 11,744 miles, about 10,000 miles in Coach. In October 2022 I spent 1500 AGR points on the Metropolitan Lounge in DC - leaving me way under in points for Select Status.

I was pleasantly surprised I was awarded Select Status.

But no one has yet to ask about my measurements for the coveted BLUE JACKET.
Status is based on spend, not miles.

Status is based on spend, not miles.
Indeed. Spend as represented by TQPs (Tier Qualifying Points) which often bear little resemblance to miles traveled. Except for the fact that both increase monotonically as you spend more to travel more distance that is.

Last edited:
For 2022 I had 11,744 miles, about 10,000 miles in Coach. In October 2022 I spent 1500 AGR points on the Metropolitan Lounge in DC - leaving me way under in points for Select Status.

I was pleasantly surprised I was awarded Select Status.

But no one has yet to ask about my measurements for the coveted BLUE JACKET.
Buying a lounge pass on points reduces your available points balance, but does not reduce your TQPs. Once you get TQPs, they're yours to keep until they're reset at the end of the calendar year.

Buying a lounge pass on points reduces your available points balance, but does not reduce your TQPs. Once you get TQPs, they're yours to keep until they're reset at the end of the calendar year.
Thank you for all your comments. I’ll have to keep track of TQP in the future and TQP makes more sense now. I was surprised to see my miles travelled (11,744) shown in the email regarding Select Status - which was even more surprising.

Thank you for all your comments. I’ll have to keep track of TQP in the future and TQP makes more sense now. I was surprised to see my miles travelled (11,744) shown in the email regarding Select Status - which was even more surprising.
I think that everyone that has the FNBO AGR Card is now getting the Miles Traveled on Amtrak info, Iknow my latest Statememt did and I have no AGR Status except "Member" since 2019.

Back