shipping rates

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of a trip to Orlando in a few weeks. We may :unsure: fly in and leave by train back home to FTW. I was thinking of pre shipping our bags and a car seat to the Orlando station and picking them up when we pick up our Hertz rental car at the station. Anyone know what Amtrak charges for shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
All I could find from a quick check was this...

Pricing is based on the total weight and distance of shipment, and quoted transit times range from 3 to 7 days depending on distance and service frequency.

You can call them directly at 1-800-377-6914 (8:30 am - 8 pm ET, Monday through Friday) and then let us know what you come up with. ^_^

Pricing is based on the total weight and distance of shipment, and quoted transit times range from 3 to 7 days depending on distance and service frequency.

You can call them directly at 1-800-377-6914 (8:30 am - 8 pm ET, Monday through Friday) and then let us know what you come up with. ^_^
Thanks for the number <_< . I called and was told the first #50 LBS would be $48. #51 to 100 lbs would be 55. since my main concern was a car seat, this works out about the same as just renting one from Hertz. Thanks again, and looking forward to meeting up with the gang in Jan.

Thanks for the number <_< . I called and was told the first #50 LBS would be $48. #51 to 100 lbs would be 55. since my main concern was a car seat, this works out about the same as just renting one from Hertz. Thanks again, and looking forward to meeting up with the gang in Jan.
Check with greyhound as well. I think they are more reasonable than Amtrak

If you were doing just the opposite, I say check them on the train! You can check 3 bags free of charge, and check 3 more for $10 each! And these are per person!
smile.gif

If there were 3 traveling, you could check 9 bags free and pay $10 per bag for another 9 bags!
cool.gif
Much better than an airline where the first bag usually costs $25!
ohmy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back