Short Day trip recommendation SoCal from Burbank preferred

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI im looking for a short day trip recommendation for Friday of this week Aug 19th. Im looking for something that will leave from Burbank airport station in the morning and return in the late afternoon. Just looking to stop at my destination, walk around, get lunch, chill for a little bit and then come on back.

Anyone have any ideas? Can be to North SD or SB etc.

Another great day trip is all the way to San Luis Obispo. There's a nice little railroad museum across from the station, open only on Saturdays. It should be doable to arrive in the morning, see the museum, then train back to burbank same day. The stretch between SB and SLO is away from the freeway, along the coast, and very nice.

Another great day trip is all the way to San Luis Obispo. There's a nice little railroad museum across from the station, open only on Saturdays. It should be doable to arrive in the morning, see the museum, then train back to burbank same day. The stretch between SB and SLO is away from the freeway, along the coast, and very nice.
Thank you for this idea. I will definitely take you up on it.

The train museum in San Luis Obispo has a fun festival once a year that includes both the train museum and the model train club that is in the old freight depot. This year it is the same weekend as our San Diego Gathering, otherwise I'd go. slorrm.com

Back