Short staffing leading to cuts? (RPA Article)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a good article describing what actually caused the problems at Southwest and American, an analysis far removed from the typical political posturing amongst those who are wont to such....

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-p...cellations-pandemic/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Amtrak has an analogous problem in the rail passenger context, as does several large and complex commuter agencies.

One thing that both airlines management and unions have clearly stated is that the meltdown had little to do with vaccination issues notwithstanding how some politically woke amongs us here feel..

One thing that both airlines management and unions have clearly stated is that the meltdown had little to do with vaccination issues notwithstanding how some politically woke amongs us here feel..
Based on the article you cited, I think that tying in all the transportation delays and problems with the vaccination issues was a superbly effective piece of disinformation from the anti-vaxxers.

On the other hand, the first sentence of the article,
"When winds gusted up to nearly sixty miles per hour at Dallas–Fort Worth International Airport just before Halloween, American Airlines canceled dozens of flights. ."
sure caught my attention. If I were running an airline where the winds were gusting at 60, I guess, I'd cancel flights, too. Of course, as the article goes on, cancelling those dozens of flights shouldn't have resulted in thousands of flights being cancelled. The figures showing the drop in employees of the two airlines was also a real eye-opener.

Back