Silver Meteor confusion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn Jane

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I have been tracking the arrival times of 97 into Jesup, as we will be boarding her Sat. to go to Tampa. I tried for this morning, and it said 'Information unavailable'. She was 24 min early into Sav, and 37 min early into JAX. But info was also unavailable for Yemassee Could it be that there were no passengers boarding or leaving at those stations, so she didn't stop? Just curious. As an aside, wondering about the availability of taxis at the Tampa terminal. CJ

Yesterday's 97 (in Georgia today 2/13/17) was the Safety Patrol train that ran on a different schedule and did not make most of the scheduled stops.

The few times I have traveled to Tampa, I have seen taxi cabs, although I never have taken one. Someone with more Tampa experience may be able to assist you regarding taxis at Tampa Union Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Penny. Was the 98 on the previous day (or so ago) also on a different schedule? I looked at it and it was way late, but the scheduled times were much different, too. CJ
yes, the 2/9 Silver Meteor 98 was the northbound safety patrol train and was on a different schedule.

I did google "safety patrol" and got sites related to AAA Safety Patrol (I was already familiar with that, anyway). Based on these posts, I thought there was an Amtrak Safety Patrol that had to do with safety aspects of running Amtrak itself. Thank you for the link.

Back