Silver Meteor Schedule Shenanigans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

x-press

Have a trip coming up in February aboard the Meteor Bal-Savannah, and have been watching the train's performance the last week or so. Noticed tonight that the train blew through Baltimore at about 3:30 instead of the scheduled 6:20. A call to Amtrak reservations confirmed that it's running on a different schedule on Sundays.

My questions:

A) Why?

B) Since when?

C) Most importantly, why haven't the schedules on the website (the pdf's under "schedules") been changed?

If I weren't such a railnut, I may well have missed my train by 3 hours!

Sometimes surprise schedule changes are unavoidable, but there should at least be notices on the website, shouldn't there?!

JPS

Today is a Sunday for the Safety Patrol Special. It's still using the symbol P097/P098 so that parents can track the progress of the train. 97 has been annulled for regular passengers today and for the next few Sundays. Hope that explains it. B)

Yes it does, Battalion, thank you.

On the bright side, this inspired me to update my contact info with Amtrak so they can contact me in the event of a "real" schedule change, so it wasn't a total waste.

Happy travels! :D

x-press said:
Yes it does, Battalion, thank you.
On the bright side, this inspired me to update my contact info with Amtrak so they can contact me in the event of a "real" schedule change, so it wasn't a total waste.

Happy travels! :D
Hey there x-press, do you wanna travel with about a eight hundred 10, 11yo boys and girls? I'll see if I can arrange that for you if you like! :lol: :D Nah just kidding. It is not that bad on the school boy special. OBS...

One thing's for sure though, when that thing pulls into West Palm or Boynton (wherever they're unloading this year), that platform is a madhouse with all those parents and kids trying to find each other.

battalion51 said:
One thing's for sure though, when that thing pulls into West Palm or Boynton (wherever they're unloading this year), that platform is a madhouse with all those parents and kids trying to find each other.
Got that right! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back