Silver Service consists

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this was done very often because I only witnessed 1 guide and that was on the Coast Starlight. It was hard to hear him even though I was almost right next to him and he used a PA, but it was muffled and distorted and there were people sitting next to me who were chatting away about something else. I really wanted to hear his spiel, but really couldn't. How often have other people observed a Trails and Rails program? I do travel in the "high season", so am surprised that I haven't encountered more.

I don't think this was done very often because I only witnessed 1 guide and that was on the Coast Starlight. It was hard to hear him even though I was almost right next to him and he used a PA, but it was muffled and distorted and there were people sitting next to me who were chatting away about something else. I really wanted to hear his spiel, but really couldn't. How often have other people observed a Trails and Rails program? I do travel in the "high season", so am surprised that I haven't encountered more.
It is an all volunteer program, so it will vary from one train to another, season to season and day to day. The pandemic has curtailed it somewhat. The route I worked, the Crescent, has had as many as 40 volunteers and we worked up to 5 days a week. from May to September, but much less lately.

Back