Silver Service Travel Advise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun7

Service Attendant
I'm looking to take the Silver Star and then the Capital Limited from south Florida to Pittsburgh via Washington this June. If anybody's got any personal experiences/photos/advice, please let me know! :D

I've ridden both the Silver Star and the Capitol Ltd. albeit not in a continous journey. On Track On Line has an excellent Amtrak Travel Tips Section. Read it here.

Do you have any specific questions about your journey? If so, please feel free to ask.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
For a limited view of how well Amtrak trains run, surf here. Pay particular attention to how the freight RRs are handling Amtrak in the two weeks or so prior to your trip.

Both CSX and NS have had issues with timekeeping of late. Hopefully, these issues will decline somewhat by June. Even so, the freight RRs are moving more freight with less track and less people than ever before. And the tracks Amtrak trains run over are, well, their railroad. So steel yourself for delays; you may get a surprise, and have the train run on time. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back