Silver Streak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
The Silver Streak movie is currently on Fox Movie Channel, it's currently 2000 EST.

"Silver Streak" was filmed in the 1970s, and no US railroads wanted to be involved with the production, so filming was moved to Canada using CP Rail F units and a streamlined consist--similar to wthat the "Canadian" was using at that time. As you watch the film, you will see many highlights of scenes along CP's right of way through the Rockies, plains, and other points of interest. I have taken to watching the movie more for the train than for the plot.

I like both the plot and the train. I found the movie to be humorous and full of action. Also Gene Wilder is one of my favorite actors. If your a railfan and have not seen this movie, it's a must! B)

I would not mind having Jill clayburgh in my standard superliner room on my next train trip. :D I wouldnt be so mad about the one scoop of ice cream served for desert in the diner, because I would get a second serving in my room. If im too out of it here, ill stop. Sorry. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back