Single Level Fleet Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Since everyone has been talking about a plan for a new single-level fleet I thought I would post my designs. They could be used in a Streamliner or Viewliner design. I have had these for a while, but am always making changes. Enjoy! B)

baggage.jpg

sleepingcar.jpg

crewcar.jpg

diningcar.jpg

lounge.jpg

coachsmoking.jpg

coach.jpg

I like the extra deluxe bedroom in the sleeper. I like the coach-smoker. Would there be no lounge smoking? Guess in the lounge car you would both get your food in the middle section and either take it elsewhere or use one of the stools. Not too sure how secure stools are on trains but I know they exist and have existed. Probably safe for the younger and thinner crowd(Of which I am neither). I like the crew car and the dining room there . Good concepts. Thanks for showing this.

The smoking lounge is part of the coach. It is enclosed with a seperate air system than the rest of the car. I was thinking the bar would be like the on the Cascade Talgo Cafe Cars. The Crew Car/Dining Car will be hooked up next to the Dining Car adding more capacity.

Good about the smoking, lounge, etc. I like the idea of the crew car/diner adding more capacity. but then, what would be in front of the crew car/diner? Would that mean people ahead of it would walk through the crew car getting to the diner and whatever is behind it?

Bill Haithcoat said:
Good about the smoking, lounge, etc. I like the idea of the crew car/diner adding more capacity. but then, what would be in front of the crew car/diner? Would that mean people ahead of it would walk through the crew car getting to the diner and whatever is behind it?
It wasn't until Amtrak actually developed this seperate "Crew Car" that employees would have a place to hide out. On VIA Rail the crew occupies bedrooms in different sleepers throughout the train. If a crew member would like to go and take a break he/she can go in their room and close the door. Noise should not be a problem as a door will seperate the Dining Room from the Standard Rooms. Also I would not expect any passenger to be up between Midnight and 5:00am unless someone goes for a smoke.

One thing I noticed, you have two bedroom 8's in your sleeping car. Other than that the fleet looks good, are your markers working though?

Ok, markers refer to the red lights on the end of a train. Usually when trains inspect eachother they'll say something to the effect of "Alright your train looks good, markers working, you all have a safe trip in."

battalion51 said:
Ok, markers refer to the red lights on the end of a train. Usually when trains inspect eachother they'll say something to the effect of "Alright your train looks good, markers working, you all have a safe trip in."
Note: Those red lights can be on the end of the last passenger car in the consist, or it could be FRED if you're pulling freight.

Well Alan it could be a FRED even if you're on a passenger train. AT has a FREd, althought that is more of a mixed train than straight passenger. Also if you are carrying a car without HEP on the back (either passenger, or Express Trak/Roadrailers) then you will have a FRED.

battalion51 said:
Well Alan it could be a FRED even if you're on a passenger train. AT has a FREd, althought that is more of a mixed train than straight passenger. Also if you are carrying a car without HEP on the back (either passenger, or Express Trak/Roadrailers) then you will have a FRED.
Which is why I used the phrase, "If you're pulling freight". That covered both freight trains and Amtrak pulling express freight and roadrailers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back