Six Amtrak rides -- Six on-time trains with no problems!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this? Did the Swiss or Japanese take over Amtrak? I rode back and forth for three days this week to attend the TRB conference in Washington. Look at there train departure boards:

20230109_193949.jpg

20230110_053749.jpg20230110_070427.jpg

Notice that even the Palmetto and the Vermonter are on-time into Baltimore near the ends of their long runs. Every train I took was on-time. I rode down all three days on NER 67, which arrived in Baltimore all three days 5 minutes before the advertised and arrived in Washinton 10 minutes early. Two of my return trips were on an Acela (the 7 PM), the other was on the 6:05 Northeast Regional. All were on time. The business class on 67 was more or less sold out. I did again what I thought I would never do, and that's pay cash for Acela First, but the meetings ended a bit late, and I didn't have time for dinner, so it was nice getting the free Acela First dinner.

20230110_190825.jpg

I'm not too impressed with the current Fall-Winter menu, but this cold salmon entree was pretty nice.

I'm attending the SAE conference next week. Another three days of NEC commuting. Let's see if it's as good as it was this week.

Back