SL/TE 422 Schedule Changes & LSL Bedroom Suite

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReidTYK

Train Attendant
I just got off the phone with an agent regarding an email I got notifying me about 422 schedule changes for our trip next march. My first thought was "Maybe they've FINALLY eliminated the layover in SAS!" But sadly, no. Instead of leaving MRC at 11:38 PM, the SL/TE leaves at 10:38 PM, while still arriving at the same time in STL. Any idea why this is? Perhaps a LONGER layover in SAS?
dry.gif

Secondly, I wanted to confirm that our request for a bedroom suite was entered into the system, as we have had problems with this in the past, and was told that everything was in order on the 422, but that Bedroom suites were no longer offered on the 48. Is this the truth?, because to me it seemed like a little while lie. We have bedrooms A & B car 4811, and I am 99.9% sure that those rooms connect.

So I'm mostly just curious as to why Amtrak would change a schedule and not offer bedroom suites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely, you booked for a date after the start of daylight saving time, and somehow the computer had to be readjusted for that fact. Arizona does not observe DST, so trains through Arizona will have a one-hour time change during daylight time vs. standard time.

Sorry reading comp fail. Yes A & B should connect on the LSL as those are the only two bedrooms besides the H room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back