Sleeper train revival in Europe

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So European Sleeper is now try to raise funds. € 500,000 is the goal. €250 is the minimum amount. The funding drive starts later this month.

https://www.europeansleeper.eu/english/
Please noted this is information about a previous posted story. Any funds given should be considered a gift with no return on investment and a complete loss of funds. While these two guys have hitched themself to a establishment operator so they have a higher chance of success, they IMHO also have a high chance of been replaced by said operator or another company. This has happen in Europe a few times with other equipment providers. In this case the host train is already using sleepers on other routes, that they have lease and operator themselves. So it would not be too surprising if/when they cut out the middle (European Sleeper) company. So again if your thinking about send these guys money, please consider it a gift.

Last edited:
Even before the ink is dry.
Seat 61 is reporting:

Brussels/Amsterdam to Warsaw sleeper?
It now appears that a Brussels & Amsterdam to Warsaw portion will eventually be added to European Sleeper's Brussels & Amsterdam to Prague sleeper referred to in April's news. This comes from a track access application in Poland.

https://www.seat61.com/news.htm

No floorplan yet, but according to Siemens the new couchette cars have a capacity of 40 passengers. Pretty impressive even w/o a shower. Of course here in the US they'd only be useful on the NER overnight trains.

Last edited:
No floorplan yet, but according to Siemens the new couchette cars have a capacity of 40 passengers. Pretty impressive.

Not really. A pod come in a set of 4, so your talking 10 pods. With bathroom that seems lacking. Wonder if they have pods for wheel chair users? That would take up some room.

The old Pullman duplex single roomettes were a combination of upper and lower private space. I have always though a single level sleeper should start with a “H” bedroom than a couple of duplex single roomettes over the trucks, follow by some bedroom in the middle of the railcar. More duplex single roomettes and a few bathroom modules. This way the high price bedrooms get the nice ride, and the lower cost duplex gets the road noise.

Last edited:
So European Sleeper is now try to raise funds. € 500,000 is the goal. €250 is the minimum amount.

So the European Sleeper IPO occurred this morning, 5 am here in NY. It seem all shares have been reserved, but the system was overwhelming and glitched. I did try to buy some but was unable to make the payment. When I returned my transaction was canceled. So I am not a share holder it seem. Did get a email say there was duplicates and there were getting canceled. So it unknown if they did raise the 500k in minutes or not. But it does show that people are willing to put money into these type of projects. I do wish these folks the best of luck, they might be needed it.

Last edited:
Just a follow up. 👆

The outfit that is running the show has no way for a person from North American to buy shares of any company they listed. You must have a European Credit Card or a European Bank Account. A lot of share are slowly been reposted as for sale, and our European friends are snagging them up. So European Sleeper will be able to raise 500,000 € by selling 25% of there company shares. That right folks this idea for a night train is worth 2,000,000 € to them.

I do hope they are for real, and not a scam operator.

Update from Europe’s Sleeper Company.

The interest was so overwhelming that European Sleeper is now considering an accelerated implementation of new routes and purchase of own carriages. It is obvious that travellers in Europe desire to travel by night train and there is broad support for new initiatives.

No idea if this is a realistic project? When they were tearing up the old tram lines in cities years ago, who would have imagined the billions spent since to recreate tram systems?

Maybe sleeper trains could work better in the near future than in the recent past?

My gut feeling is that the low cost airlines will be around for a very long time, environmental impact concerns or not?

Midnight Trains... Paris to be new sleeper hub?

No idea if this is a realistic project? When they were tearing up the old tram lines in cities years ago, who would have imagined the billions spent since to recreate tram systems?

Maybe sleeper trains could work better in the near future than in the recent past?

My gut feeling is that the low cost airlines will be around for a very long time, environmental impact concerns or not?

Midnight Trains... Paris to be new sleeper hub?

It’s a niche market but for these small wannabe it’s a way to enter the market. Running two trains a day requires much smaller amount of funds, and personal. The routes that this company is showing is also the same routes that the French government is talking about funding. So if you want the government money, this is a way to bid on the contract. Not trying to be Mr. Negative but this outfit might be dependent on getting government money to run trains.

Reports on Twitter of equipment shortage, and mergers of operation companies. Seem our friends in Europe are equally surprised on how fast the traveling public is returning to both rail in general and night trains in peculiar.

Two night train start-ups European Sleeper and Moonlight Express join forces

https://mobile.twitter.com/sleeping_train

Last edited:
So European Sleeper is now try to raise funds. € 500,000 is the goal. €250 is the minimum amount. The funding drive starts later this month.

https://www.europeansleeper.eu/english/
Please noted this is information about a previous posted story. Any funds given should be considered a gift with no return on investment and a complete loss of funds. While these two guys have hitched themself to a establishment operator so they have a higher chance of success, they IMHO also have a high chance of been replaced by said operator or another company. This has happen in Europe a few times with other equipment providers. In this case the host train is already using sleepers on other routes, that they have lease and operator themselves. So it would not be too surprising if/when they cut out the middle (European Sleeper) company. So again if your thinking about send these guys money, please consider it a gift.
Apparently they sold out within 15 minutes.

Also, a bit more stuff via Seat 61:
https://www.seat61.com/news.htmwww.rdc-deutschland.de/rdc-asset-gmbh

Back