Sleepers in the New York section of the Lake Shore Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dlp

Are the new sleeping cars being employed on the nyc consist of lakeshore limited?

Are the new sleeping cars being employed on the nyc consist of lakeshore limited?
There is usually one new (Viewliner II) Sleeper and one old (Viewliner I) Sleeper in the New York Section of the Lake Shore Limited.

The Boston Section usually has one old (Viewliner I) Sleeper.

There is usually one new (Viewliner II) Sleeper and one old (Viewliner I) Sleeper in the New York Section of the Lake Shore Limited.

The Boston Section usually has one old (Viewliner I) Sleeper.
I was just on the New York section of the Lake Shore on November 12th out of NYP.

Both New York sleepers (both the 11 and 12 car lines) were Viewliner IIs.

I was in the 11 car.

I was just on the New York section of the Lake Shore on November 12th out of NYP.

Both New York sleepers (both the 11 and 12 car lines) were Viewliner IIs.

I was in the 11 car.
I checked railcams and Wednesday's trains had one of each. Maybe on the 11th equipment got shuffled around in NY due to the hurricane in FL.

I checked railcams and Wednesday's trains had one of each. Maybe on the 11th equipment got shuffled around in NY due to the hurricane in FL.
That is why I used the word "generally" in what I posted. That is what the consist is supposed to be according to operating plans. There can be occasional different configuration due to equipment substitution to work around mechanic failures and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back