Southeast Corridor Commission

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jis

Permanent Way Inspector
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I thought it would be nice to have a focal point for development of corridors in the Southest under the Advocacy Forum.

A nice place to anchor it upon is the Southeast Corridor Commission which is associated with the Southeast Regional Rail Plan developed by the FRA. RPA was an active participant represented there by Jim Mathews.

https://www.southeastcorridor-commission.org/
For those interested in this subject a good place to start is by reading the Southeast Regional Rail Plan which is accessible from the page linked to above.

I thought it would be nice to have a focal point for development of corridors in the Southest under the Advocacy Forum.

A nice place to anchor it upon is the Southeast Corridor Commission which is associated with the Southeast Regional Rail Plan developed by the FRA. RPA was an active participant represented there by Jim Mathews.

https://www.southeastcorridor-commission.org/
For those interested in this subject a good place to start is by reading the Southeast Regional Rail Plan which is accessible from the page linked to above.
Nice. I didn't know Atlanta-Macon-JAX was a "Federally-Designated Southeast Corridor."

I remember (if my recall is at all accurate) that a RR employee came to AU and posted that their RR had told employee's that Amtrak would be sharing their track between Atlanta and Chattanooga, but they never came back to respond to other questions about their statement. I'm glad that JIS posted this, since I was just thinking of that and wondering if it was worth looking that up to see if anything had happened about that since (looks like nothin at this point).

Back