Southwest Chief #3 10/24/22 Ft. Madison, Iowa

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWA904

Service Attendant
I've just been watching a virtual railfan cam at Ft. Madison, Iowa. After everyone was boarded instead of departing the train just sat there. Of course everyone on the chat was wondering what was happening. After what seemed like 30 to 40 minutes, station people roll out a cart of pizzas. One guy even was carrying a couple of additional pizzas in his arms. Once they had the pizzas loaded, the train departed. I can't believe they had already run out of food, they were hardly 5 hours out of Chicago.

I've just been watching a virtual railfan cam at Ft. Madison, Iowa. After everyone was boarded instead of departing the train just sat there. Of course everyone on the chat was wondering what was happening. After what seemed like 30 to 40 minutes, station people roll out a cart of pizzas. One guy even was carrying a couple of additional pizzas in his arms. Once they had the pizzas loaded, the train departed. I can't believe they had already run out of food, they were hardly 5 hours out of Chicago.
Diner might have broken down, that does happen, particularly electrical problems.

That is much more likely than running out of food. Diners seldom run completely out of food during their scheduled runs, although they may run out of some menu items.

They didn’t run out of food. Problem with the dining car is much more likely.

Back