Southwest Chief Menu

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahZ

Quality Control
I decided to check out the SWC menu, and I noticed that they've added descriptions. Instead of "pancakes or French toast", it says "French toast". The entree salad (lunch) is described as a Caesar Salad, and the "Healthy Option" at dinner has a description as well.

When I rode three of the LD trains in July, all of the online menus were still pretty vague, and I didn't know what the options were until I was on-board.

Is this a new thing? I'm really happy about it, since I can plan my meals ahead of time again.

Clicky: http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/384/533/Southwest-Chief-Dining-Car-Menu-1014.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to check out the SWC menu, and I noticed that they've added descriptions. Instead of "pancakes or French toast", it says "French toast". The entree salad (lunch) is described as a Caesar Salad, and the "Healthy Option" at dinner has a description as well.

When I rode three of the LD trains in July, all of the online menus were still pretty vague, and I didn't know what the options were until I was on-board.

Is this a new thing? I'm really happy about it, since I can plan my meals ahead of time again.

Clicky: http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/384/533/Southwest-Chief-Dining-Car-Menu-1014.pdf
Yes it is. When I tried to start this topic regarding the new menu's it got lumped with the "French Toast Back On Empire Builder" topic.

Oh thank goodness. I rode the LSL just a few weeks ago and it had the super-vague menu, so we had to ask the server what the options actually were.

I bet all of the dining car staff were clamoring for menus which actually described the food. Having to describe every single entree for every customer was really slowing down ordering...

Also remember the other changes. Beverages such as juice, coffee, tea that used to be included are now longer included. The salad is no longer included as well. This does not affect sleeper passengers but for coach passengers, those items are all extra costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back