spokane to glacier park. yea or nay.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just looked at the glacier park lodge website and the lodge will not open this year
We had reservations at the Glacier Park Lodge for the week of August 9th but it will be closed for the remainder of 2020. As its sits on the edge of the Blackfeet reservation, the tribal leaders voted to keep the East Glacier park entrance closed. It looks as though there won't be many Amtrak riders to the East Glacier station this year. I believe that the extension of the closing for the remainder of 2020 was an over reaction but the tribal government has made the decision. I assume that The Many Glacier, and St Marys lodging will also be closed as there will be no way to access them.

I would like to add if you intend to visit Glacier National Park this summer, the town of Whitefish is probably the best location to find food, lodging and car rental. The Amtrak station offers baggage service, is at the edge of the downtown area and most businesses should be open. We did not want to cancel our vacation plans so this was a good alternative. Just for info Bedrooms on #7 and 27 Empire Builder from CHI were sold out.

Back