St. Louis and Missouri River Runner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
I just took a short four day, three night trip to St. Louis MO to ride the Missouri River Runner from St. Louis to Kansas City and return all in one day. Flew Southwest Airlines Nashville to St. Louis and return. Check out my blog post and photo gallery here:

There is also a link to all my photo galleries in the blog post. Enjoy.

Next big Amtrak trip is June 4-20 when I travel to New Orleans and Portland, OR, and ride five Amtrak trains -- Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Empire Builder, and City of New Orleans. Sign up on the blog webpage if you would like to receive the daily one or two IPhone photo blog posts. These short posts are not posted here or on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought back memories of attending my first AU "Gathering" in St Louis. Meeting the gang. I believe we even had our gathering dinner at the same Old Spaghetti Factory, but I could be wrong.

Shame the train windows were dirty, even if the weather was dull.

Ed.

Nice trip and pics, thanks for sharing!

And as Eddie said, it brings back memories of the St Louis Gathering where we took a group trip to KCY on the River Runner. ( different schedule then so we were able to spend longer at the Magnificent Union Station.)

While most of the group had BBQ, Eddie,Penny and I ate lunch in the Harvey House Cafe located in Union Station.(Although it is not an original Harvey House, there used to be one located close to the Upscale Cafe now @ the end of the Station.)

Also good memories of the St Louis Gathering. We are heading back to KCY in June for a three day tour of the city, then a River Runner to St Louis to visit a cousin and then back to Chicago and Cleveland. Love your photos and trip report.

Back