St Louis to Tampa

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickIronton

Train Attendant
Is it possible to reserve a one way ticket from St Louis to Tampa and add a sleeper as the price drops?

I would pay for a STL-TPA coach one way and then monitor AmSnag for sleeper prices for the best rate and then call Amtrak to add the accommodation.

I realize that a sleeper would be from Chicago to Washington and Washington to Orlando for the best sleeper rate.

Yes it's possible, but if it is less than a few weeks I find it best to set the alarm for 3 am and check then on the website and call immediately if that low rate comes up. And I would be tempted to settle for coach to Toledo and then do a one zone sleeper to Tampa. When is your trip? Unfortunately the connection to the star is gone now, so until the mess gets straightened out you will have to take the meteor and bus from Orlando to Tampa, unless the cardinal is a possible routing for you. If it is and your trip is anytime in the next few months, that's the way I'd go, cause you could miss the meteor too the way things have been going on the CL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back