Stan Bagley leaving Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Following is a message from Amtrak president David Gunn:

Dear Amtrak Co-workers:

After 28 years of service to Amtrak, Stan Bagley has chosen to retire. His many years of contributions to the railroad will long be remembered by all of us. In fact, his years of leadership are evident throughout the operations that we run every day.

Through the years, many of you formed life-long friendships with Stan, which will continue on. In fact, Stan's legacy is that he is leaving us a strong train operations foundation with dedicated people who work every day to provide outstanding service. We should all thank Stan for this contribution and the countless others he has made during his career with the railroad.

During the transition period, all of Stan's direct reports will report to me. I want to express my appreciation in advance to you for the cooperation and

support that you will extend to each of them in the interim.

While Stan will be missed at Amtrak, I ask that you join me in wishing him well in his retirement.

Sincerely,

<S> David L. Gunn

Its an unfortunate thing, he seemed to be the only VP who knew what was going on. I don't know who could fill his shoes.

I think that Stan was one of the brighter bulbs at Amtrak for the last several years and he will be sorely missed. :(

The other side of this coin though, is the fact the David Gunn just can't catch a break. It's rained on his parade since the day he started. He’s had derailments, fiscal crisis, major Acela & HHP problems, ridiculous White House proposals, and now Stan’s departure. Stan was to be one of the cornerstones of David’s reorganization plan. I have to wonder just how many more punches can this poor man can take, before he just gives up? I can only hope that Congress gets it’s act together in the next two weeks and gives him the money he needs for next year, so that David can get at least one albatross off of his back.

Rumor around the yard has it that Stan played an important role in the changing of the titles of "VP" to "Directors", trying to keep his buddies on the payroll. He was supposed to eliminate 28 positions at first, but tried the name change instead. Supposedly Gunn told him if he couldn't do the job, he was to include himself.

I think when you see Stan retiring after 28 yrs, not 30, he didn't have much of a choice. Evidently , he couldn't make the change to the new administration and assumed the "old ways" would work.

Miami Joe said:
Rumor around the yard has it that Stan played an important role in the changing of the titles of "VP" to "Directors", trying to keep his buddies on the payroll. He was supposed to eliminate 28 positions at first, but tried the name change instead. Supposedly Gunn told him if he couldn't do the job, he was to include himself.
I think when you see Stan retiring after 28 yrs, not 30, he didn't have much of a choice. Evidently , he couldn't make the change to the new administration and assumed the "old ways" would work.
Hmm, very interesting rumor Joe. Wonder if we will ever get the real dirt on what happened?

It's certainly something to consider that he did retire after 28 years, instead of waiting for 30.

I just read a copy of the Washington Post story that is floating around the yard. It seems Kevin Lydon in Boston was another one who wouldn't follow the Gunn.

Evidently, the two weren't willing to fire upper management and lost their jobs!!!!

God, I like the Gunn!!!! :)

B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back