Starbucks Train on SSB

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshP

Service Attendant
This quite amazes me, I rode this twice when I visited Switzerland in 2013, I must say it's very nice feature to have it's own Starbucks cafe on SSB train. I'm not sure if it's still there or not.

I wonder can Amtrak do something like this for NE Regionals? But they have contract with Dunkin Donuts so.

I found pictures from Starbucks site so credits goes to them. Enjoy!

W2zTNYTY-1417-1063.jpg

94zrcOwx-5399-3399.jpg

OSKaqGf1-5399-3399.jpg

ZJ0ypjOt-1469-1101.jpg

Qd2k8FW4-1559-1169.jpg

1YjL710F-850-638.jpg

AO6yHzG0-5566-2876.jpg

VIOcy0Nq-5328-3179.jpg

jWifZnTC-5223-3382.jpg

I don't go to starbucks or drink any caffeine, but I've heard the coffee is overrated. I think the food is very overpriced for what it is.

Fun fact, starbucks is really a bank operating as a coffee company 😉

The over roasting makes it bitter, so people order cappuccino for 2x the price.

The times I've stopped there they were out of light roast.

Brand names are apparently very important to a lot of people.

Amtrak's reply "We can do worse than you in everything including coffee"
Another giant in Coffee Business. Folgers is one the most popular coffee brand and has more than 25% market share of coffee consumption in America.

All the popularity aside, it’s shocking that Folgers does not offer any organic varieties. This means it is not free from pesticides and other toxic materials.

The Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee and Folgers Classic Roast have higher levels of acrylamide. This carcinogen might cause cancer if consumed in significant amounts.

However, the brand is cheap and affordable to many; the taste and health concerns have dragged it brand to our list of worst coffee brands.
:)

Back