Starlight Schedule Change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the coast starlight has had yet another schedule change on Nov. 18, due to the new routing between Tacoma and Olympia. Minor, but 11 leaves SEA at 9:50, instead of 9:45

After reading this I checked my ticket for a connection from the CZ to CS at 1159 PM in Sacramento has disappeared. I have a ticket the next day at 440PM leaving from Seattle to Pgh. Should I call them or should I wait until something reappears? Any input on how to handle this matter? Thanks!

It's not bookable if I choose ABQ-SFC but it is if I do ABQ-OKJ. So you're right, although chock this up to more booking engine problems since it should still be bookable to SFC in this case.
I ran into the same issue; a call to AGR got me the reservation into Los Angeles on the Chief, out on the Starlight, and a bus to San Francisco.

Can we have CS schedule push back for 12 hours each way?

I'd rather spend few more hours at daytime for guaranteed connection.

And to think about it, leaving Seattle around 9pm and arriving LA at 9am is just perfect in many ways

Last edited:
Ideally yes. But we both know that adding a second train on the same route is far less likely to happen
While true, I don't think the current schedule is "Bad," but it is timed for daylight service on the populated portions of the route, which is better, IMHO. This happens to coincide with the beautiful terrain, so I don't see this changing any time soon.

Back