Station Adjacent Hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rail sale

Train Attendant
I've always wondered why Amtrak Vacations lists hotels that are so hard to get to from the Amtrak station. With that in mind, I've created a visualization that lets you look at hotels sorted by the distance from the local station. When you click on a Station it opens a Priceline window in a sidebar (I have no connection with Priceline and I'm not using an affiliate link).
It's fun to see the ones that are literally just feet away from the station.

(BTW I'm also collecting YouTube route travelogues in another tab, on this viz if you have one to contribute there should be a link to click)

Transit Friendly Hotel Search
1620674277683.png

Last edited:
1621697319396.jpeg
Hotel Denver, Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Can’t get much closer. Not a bad place to break up a long ride on the Zephyr. Take public bus up to Aspen or just watch the trains and Colorado River go by.

View attachment 22544
Hotel Denver, Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Can’t get much closer. Not a bad place to break up a long ride on the Zephyr. Take public bus up to Aspen or just watch the trains and Colorado River go by.
Excellent suggestion, and if you cross the bridge this shot was taken from there are two more equally decent hotels - the Hotel Colorado and the Hot Springs Lodge (latest of a few minor name changes).

Back