Station codes for non-Amtrak stations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
Are there station codes for non-Amtrak stations that some Amtrak trains stop at? For example, Northridge and Downtown Burbank on the Pacific Surfliner, or L'Enfant Plaza on the Northeast Regional.

I can't speak to the others but I have gotten off at L'Enfant Plaza once when I was returning from NYC and going to my sisters who then lived outside of Manassas. IIRC Amtrak allows VRE ticketed passengers to entrain and detrain there when transferring. Amtrak does not issue any tickets its a courtesy of sorts perhaps due to and agreement with Virginia since I assume a large percentage of passengers that would take up that benefit are from VA. In my case, I left NYC early in the morning, spent a number of hours visiting the museums and then heading to VA in the evening. It was convenient.

Are there station codes for non-Amtrak stations that some Amtrak trains stop at? For example, Northridge and Downtown Burbank on the Pacific Surfliner, or L'Enfant Plaza on the Northeast Regional.
Any station that you can buy an Amtrak ticket to, has an Amtrak station code. Amtrak does stop at some non Amtrak stations to pick up or drop off passengers holding commuter railroad tickets. Those may not have an Amtrak station code. See List of Amtrak stations - Wikipedia for Amtrak station codes.

No, there are no station codes for L’Enfant Plaza, or Edgewood/Perryville (MARC stops), to be and to look to train status or book tickets to those stops. Technically they are not Amtrak stops, but stops handled in conjunction with state partners.

Back