Stay out of lower level roommettes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the lower level, I've had a few too many run ins with possums and/or skunks... believe me, the smell is overpowering in the lower level. I've also had problems with some OBS people smoking out of the window of the door. All that being said, if there's nothing else available, of course I'd take a lower level room, I'd just rather not.
Doesn't it say somewhere in the Amtrak Service Standards Manual that OBS aren't allowed to smoke on duty. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, and if it was coming into my roomette, I'd want to report it to Amtrak, and especially if it was smoke from an OBS employee.

You are right. We are taking the Texas Eagle. Got my trains mixed up. Hope I get on the right one. LOL

Make that five . . . or is it six? There's much less swaying down close to the tracks, helping me sleep well in a lower level roomette. Of course, I'm profoundly deaf, so that moots the issue of track noise. I'll happily sleep in an upper level roomette, though . . . it just doesn't matter where the Amtrak computer assigns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back