Strange Checked baggage (maybe) question.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
Hey guys, its been a while - I had some health issues.

Anyway, in August I am planning on taking the LSL from NYP to CHI which will go via ALB. A guy in ALB has a goodie that he wants to sell me. Is there anyway he can drop it off at ALB and I can get it (in STL perhaps) without his waiting around to meet me and just give it to me?

What I really want is for him to take it to Baggage Service and check it on my ticket (I know the ticket number and the room number) He just does not want to wait around ALB to meet me.

Any ideas?

thanks

rich

Glad to have you back! :)

I don't think there's any way he could check it. Even if he could, how would the baggage claim check be put in your ticket envelope? :huh: You would need that claim check to retrieve it in STL.

If he had a copy of your e-ticket, he could probably check it in but you would need the recipt to get it back. Maybe he could hide in somewhere in the station for you to pick up? Could be risky.

Also, this sounds like something that could be considered illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he had a copy of your e-ticket, he could probably check it in but you would need the recipt to get it back. Maybe he could hide in somewhere in the station for you to pick up? Could be risky.
I wouldn't try that else you may see the object being blown up on that night's news :)

:hi: Welcome back Rich! Im with the don't try it group, Unattended Luggage and Packages are a Hot item now a days around Airports, Bus and Train Stations! What it you Paid him to just ship it to CHI via Amtrak Express and you pick it up in Union Station during the Layover!

He's not talking about the object, but a piece of paper.

Someone would probably just toss it, and he'd be unable to retrieve the item at his destination.

I can't think of a good way to scheme around this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back