Stupid Call Center Questions for Select level member.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should know this, but I only got Select level because they started counting certain credit card spending levels towards TQPs (I charge all household expenses I can to my AGR card and pay it off every month). So I am new to Select.

Is there a Select desk at the regular call center (800-USA-RAIL)? Is it staffed with competent agents, as opposed to the contract Florida dweebs? How do you get to it, if there is? If there is a separate number on the Select membership card, if so I lost the card, and there is no number that comes up when I pull up my AGR account.

Second, I have used the AGR desk for reservations before, but only those that involve at least some AGR redemption travel (going to my destination on points, returning on a paid ticket). Do they take reservations without an AGR redemption?

There is a special number for Select members. Hopefully a select member will send you a PM with it. I do not have it. Alternatively, you can call the AGR number. You can make cash reservations with those agents. You could ask the AGR agent with whom you speak for the "special" Select phone number.

I don't think we get cards for Select "basic". And I don't see a phone number in the packet I got last month. This is my first time getting Select.

No harm in posting the number here. It is 888.707.6600. They are fine, probably slightly better than those who person the mainstream number. Also note they close up shop at 8 each evening. Good customer service, eh?
Edit: This may not be the number for Select, but general AGR.

No harm in posting the number here. It is 888.707.6600. They are fine, probably slightly better than those who person the mainstream number. Also note they close up shop at 8 each evening. Good customer service, eh?
Edit: This may not be the number for Select, but general AGR.
The AGR number is 800.307.5000, so that probably is the Select reservations line. Thanks.

Back