Suggestion sent to Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just submitted this suggestion to Amtrak.
"Most of my Amtrak travel is with my wife (also an AGR member).
When I make a reservation online for both of us, I have to fill in her name, email, AGR number, etc. My info, of course, is already there. It would be nice if our info (or accounts) could be linked or shared between accounts to simplify the booking process.
Thank You"

I just submitted this suggestion to Amtrak.
"Most of my Amtrak travel is with my wife (also an AGR member).
When I make a reservation online for both of us, I have to fill in her name, email, AGR number, etc. My info, of course, is already there. It would be nice if our info (or accounts) could be linked or shared between accounts to simplify the booking process.
Thank You"
Pretty much a "non-answer". While I wouldn't expect Amtrak to link accounts it would still be nice if my account could store information about my wife make it easier to provide traveling companion information. Below is the response from the "Amtrak Center of Excellence":

Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

Regretfully, Amtrak Guest Rewards memberships are individual point earning accounts. Members can only receive points for his/her own travel. We advise all passengers to enroll in our loyalty program so they may receive points for their travel. Please note, if you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Credit Card, you will earn points for every $1 spent on all Amtrak purchases and points on your everyday purchases.

We hope this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,
Flora M.
Amtrak Center of Excellence

Amtrak

Pretty much a "non-answer". While I wouldn't expect Amtrak to link accounts it would still be nice if my account could store information about my wife make it easier to provide traveling companion information. Below is the response from the "Amtrak Center of Excellence":

Regretfully, Amtrak Guest Rewards memberships are individual point earning accounts. Members can only receive points for his/her own travel. We advise all passengers to enroll in our loyalty program so they may receive points for their travel. Please note, if you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Credit Card, you will earn points for every $1 spent on all Amtrak purchases and points on your everyday purchases.

Sincerely,
Flora M.

Amtrak
Not only does she not address your suggestion, she also incorrectly assumes that you’re trying to share each other’s points. She then puts in an unsolicited plug for the Amtrak credit card (I’m assuming the one with the fee),

If robots are eventually going to replace a lot of workers, perhaps the Center of Excellence would be a good place to start.

For example, Data in Star Trek, the Next Generation would probably say to his best friend: “Geordi, this answer is incorrect. It doesn’t address the question, and it adds extraneous information.”

Geordi to Data: “That’s human error—you wouldn’t understand.”😁

Sincerely,
Flora M.

Amtrak
Well, at least she's regretful. :D

But seriously, this is obviously a canned form letter. Regretfully, the job performance evaluation of the reps at the Center of Excellence is probably keyed on how many cases they close, not how effective they are.

Yeah, that's a non-response, it addressed nothing of the original communication by tincan72. But you know.....I think this is another aspect of society nowadays. One thinks they're making themselves perfectly clear, but then you get a response like that.

I think communicating with large companies regarding service necessities, or service failures, has gotten really difficult. Amtrak seems to not be able to figure out the simplest things, or respond to customer complaints, like meals, or crews that make up their own rules on board. But it's not just Amtrak.

Case in point - I contacted the American Airlines retiree center because they sent me a snarky email saying that I'm past due on taxes that I owe for flights I took last quarter. What? I haven't been on an airplane in two years. I checked my retiree website account but it also showed zero flights and zero amount due. But, I thought, maybe someone hacked my account. So I called the retiree center, and the rep kept asking me which flights I wanted to pay for. I haven't taken any, I said, there's no amount due. She then told me to check the retiree website. I did, I responded; that's why I called YOU because of the email I got.

I couldn't get it thru her head that I hadn't flown; AT ALL. I was getting angry so I politely hung up on her. Someone must have been monitoring the conversation because I got another email several hours later stating retirees had been sent a communication in error regarding taxes and fees, and to disregard. But gawd, such a simple thing, comprehension is just not there.

I know on the United Airlines website and app that if I add a second passenger, the name field provides an option for selecting people that routinely travel with me. For example, my father and his MileagePlus number are there, and my GF's MileagePlus number is there too.
Exactly! And that is not the same as linking or combining accounts.

I know on the United Airlines website and app that if I add a second passenger, the name field provides an option for selecting people that routinely travel with me. For example, my father and his MileagePlus number are there, and my GF's MileagePlus number is there too.
Yeah, American has that, too and has for years. I first noticed it and used that in the early 1990s.

Back