Quantcast

Sumitomo/Siemens Contract for 137 Cars (former bi-levels)

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

DSS&A

Lead Service Attendant
Here is a Railway Age article on the arrival and testing of the new IDOT cars:

west point

Conductor
Were they not on the CAL Z because the cars had not been fully certified to be on revenue passenger trains ?

MisterUptempo

Service Attendant
The Colors remind me of the 70s! 😣
Well, to be Scrupulously Fair, here's a shot of an Amtrak interior from the 70s. amtrak-1970s-4.jpg
I'd imagine that fabric was named something along the lines of "Earth Tone Vomit".

But, perhaps, the retro interior is intentional. We'll know for sure if the Midwest states introduce a "new" uniform for all conductors and service personnel... amtrak-uniforms-and-turbo-1972_guardian.jpg

Bob Dylan

Conductor
Well, to be Scrupulously Fair, here's a shot of an Amtrak interior from the 70s. View attachment 18716
I'd imagine that fabric was named something along the lines of "Earth Tone Vomit".

But, perhaps, the retro interior is intentional. We'll know for sure if the Midwest states introduce a "new" uniform for all conductors and service personnel... View attachment 18717
I remember those Amtrak 70s Colors well! ( no wonder we drank so much on the Trains! lol)

It was more so Automobile Seats and Furniture I was remembering, but all forms of Transportation seats were pretty Vomit inducing in the 70s!!

Steve4031

Conductor
AU Supporter
I remember the 70s too. But not that outfit the lady is wearing next to the turbo train. Those shoes definitely would not work for safety compliance imho.