Siemens Caltrans/IDOT Venture design, engineering, testing and delivery (2012-2024)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Colors remind me of the 70s! 😣

Well, to be Scrupulously Fair, here's a shot of an Amtrak interior from the 70s. amtrak-1970s-4.jpg
I'd imagine that fabric was named something along the lines of "Earth Tone Vomit".

But, perhaps, the retro interior is intentional. We'll know for sure if the Midwest states introduce a "new" uniform for all conductors and service personnel... amtrak-uniforms-and-turbo-1972_guardian.jpg

Well, to be Scrupulously Fair, here's a shot of an Amtrak interior from the 70s. View attachment 18716
I'd imagine that fabric was named something along the lines of "Earth Tone Vomit".

But, perhaps, the retro interior is intentional. We'll know for sure if the Midwest states introduce a "new" uniform for all conductors and service personnel... View attachment 18717
I remember those Amtrak 70s Colors well! ( no wonder we drank so much on the Trains! lol)

It was more so Automobile Seats and Furniture I was remembering, but all forms of Transportation seats were pretty Vomit inducing in the 70s!!

Did it run via Omaha, or the bypass thru Blair?
Only asking because curious about some 'rare mileage' possibilites...:)

So are they going to just slap those cars on existing Amtrak consists with older cars? Or will they at least use the new cars for entire train sets?

Ok. I just saw an interview with someone from IDOT. He said that since the café cars will not arrive until 2022, the initial consist will be 4 Venture coaches and a legacy café/business car. He also said that they will be going to the Lincoln Service first. That makes sense, given that it is the most travelled of the Midwest routes (except the Hiawatha, which is getting its own separate fleet).

Back