Sunset Limited trains canceled 8/10 and 8/12

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm reading the transitdocs app correctly, the eastbound Sunset Limited 2/422 got to Austin this morning at 9:42, 3 hours and 17 minutes late. The Texas Eagle 22 left at 7:00 am. on time. Guess there's a bus ride happening.

If I'm reading the transitdocs app correctly, the eastbound Sunset Limited 2/422 got to Austin this morning at 9:42, 3 hours and 17 minutes late. The Texas Eagle 22 left at 7:00 am. on time. Guess there's a bus ride happening.
According to Amtrak Statis Maps Todays (19)#2/#422 arrived into San Antonio 2 Hours Late @ 650AM and Left for New Orleans @ 6:52AM!!!( this doesn't really seem correct???)

#22 Left San Antonio @ 7:10AM, 10 Minutes Late.

They haven' tbeen holding #22 whdn #2 is Late into San Antonio, so a Bustitution for the #422 Passengers seems likely!

This bustituion seems to be part of the normal everyday operations for that route now. They shouldn't even offer the meetup and keep it a separate route that cant connect.
Totally disagree since the Sunset/Eagle is my Home Train and I have to ride it to go anywhere on Amtrak.

What should happen is the Texas Eagle should be Daily CHI-LAX,and there should be a Stub Train SAS-NOL like was proposed several years ago and came "This Close" to happening.

Last edited:
My mistake. I live near Austin, and had to go into the maelstrom there yesterday, so my brain said San Antonio, my fingers typed Austin. Gotta learn to scan what I write before I hit Post.

Back