Sunset LTD... early?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jamie-

Service Attendant
My mom and I are taking a trip on the Sunset LTD for the first time in a few weeks so I've been monitoring the status from LAX to SAS and SAS to NOL so we know what to expect. As you all know, the Sunset LTD is notoriously running late (usually 4.5 - 5 hrs on average). Anyway, I just checked the train that left LAX on Sunday.... it arrived in SAS only 40 min behind and it's estimated to arrive in NOL 8 minutes EARLY!!!!! Chances are it'll still be late, but this is the closest I've seen it to being on time since I started checking. We'll see what happens in the next few hrs!

EDIT: Checked again and it's now estimated to be 35 min late. Still not too bad.

Well, when I checked a few hours ago it was estimated to be 1hr 45 min late..... now it's up to 3hrs and 50 min. Back on it's usual schedual. Oh well!

EDIT: Looks like it made up some time and officially arrived in NOL 2hr 20min late. Not too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back