Superliner Bedroom C?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Tom Booth

Lead Service Attendant
What's the deal with Bedroom C on the CZ and bedroom B on the LSL? I just booked tix to San Francisco from NYP and have never had these rooms. On other trips it was always Bedroom D or E (my fav). I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

There is no bedroom D or E on the Lake Shore Limited. This is because the Lake Shore Limited uses Viewliner cars rather than Superliner cars.

Bedroom B on the Lake Shore Limited is an excellent choice. The odds are extremely likely that the couch in Bedroom B will face forward.

Here is a diagram of that car.

amtrak-diagram-viewliner-sleeper.jpg

Last edited:
As for Bedroom "C" on the Zephyr (or any Superliner train), if E and D have already been sold when you buy your ticket, you'll wind up with C.
Bedrooms are normally sold starting with E and ending with A.

Tom Booth

Lead Service Attendant
As for Bedroom "C" on the Zephyr (or any Superliner train), if E and D have already been sold when you buy your ticket, you'll wind up with C.
I wasn't clear in my post. I know how they're assigned but I've never been in Bedroom C and wanted to know any of its pros or cons. I like E and will try to get it switched unless someone says otherwise.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
I wasn't clear in my post. I know how they're assigned but I've never been in Bedroom C and wanted to know any of its pros or cons. I like E and will try to get it switched unless someone says otherwise.
C will have the Couch( Daytime) facing the Same Way as Bedroom E, no matter which way the Sleeper is hooked up in the Consist.Also it can be made into a Dual Compartment with Bedroom B if desired.

I too prefer E but consider C the next best Bedroom for the above reason.

I convinced my fiancé that the best way to spend the last two days of our honeymoon is on a train. Booked our transportation home from New Orleans to Los Angeles, Sunset Limited Car 130 Room C. How did we fare in the Bedroom lottery?

George

GAT
I convinced my fiancé that the best way to spend the last two days of our honeymoon is on a train. Booked our transportation home from New Orleans to Los Angeles, Sunset Limited Car 130 Room C. How did we fare in the Bedroom lottery?
I was in the same bedroom in the same car on the same train (different date, of course ;) ) and liked it a lot. So you probably fared OK. The lower berth was pretty wide. Happy Honeymoon!

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
Lucky you to have such a Bride! Enjoy the Ride!😍

Chatter163

OBS Chief
My honeymoon was also spent on the train, from Miami to Boston (bus to Vermont in those days) and back. 25th anniversary trip was Atlanta to St Alban's and back.

I hadn't thought about the sequence in which rooms get sold, so I guess this makes sense. Do they sell all the E rooms before they sell any D rooms, or do they go car by car by car?
Thanks!