Superliner Bedroom C?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the deal with Bedroom C on the CZ and bedroom B on the LSL? I just booked tix to San Francisco from NYP and have never had these rooms. On other trips it was always Bedroom D or E (my fav). I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

There is no bedroom D or E on the Lake Shore Limited. This is because the Lake Shore Limited uses Viewliner cars rather than Superliner cars.

Bedroom B on the Lake Shore Limited is an excellent choice. The odds are extremely likely that the couch in Bedroom B will face forward.

Here is a diagram of that car.

amtrak-diagram-viewliner-sleeper.jpg

Last edited:
As for Bedroom "C" on the Zephyr (or any Superliner train), if E and D have already been sold when you buy your ticket, you'll wind up with C.
Bedrooms are normally sold starting with E and ending with A.

As for Bedroom "C" on the Zephyr (or any Superliner train), if E and D have already been sold when you buy your ticket, you'll wind up with C.
I wasn't clear in my post. I know how they're assigned but I've never been in Bedroom C and wanted to know any of its pros or cons. I like E and will try to get it switched unless someone says otherwise.

I wasn't clear in my post. I know how they're assigned but I've never been in Bedroom C and wanted to know any of its pros or cons. I like E and will try to get it switched unless someone says otherwise.
C will have the Couch( Daytime) facing the Same Way as Bedroom E, no matter which way the Sleeper is hooked up in the Consist.Also it can be made into a Dual Compartment with Bedroom B if desired.

I too prefer E but consider C the next best Bedroom for the above reason.

I convinced my fiancé that the best way to spend the last two days of our honeymoon is on a train. Booked our transportation home from New Orleans to Los Angeles, Sunset Limited Car 130 Room C. How did we fare in the Bedroom lottery?
I was in the same bedroom in the same car on the same train (different date, of course ;) ) and liked it a lot. So you probably fared OK. The lower berth was pretty wide. Happy Honeymoon!

I hadn't thought about the sequence in which rooms get sold, so I guess this makes sense. Do they sell all the E rooms before they sell any D rooms, or do they go car by car by car?
Thanks!

Back