Superliner Bedroom - Dumb question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6862

Engineer
We've travelled on Amtrak LD trains a bit now and for both of us it's about 'train travel and the people onboard' not the equipment. That's not to say that we/I don't appreciate the rolling stock, just don't pay it any special attention.

That's my excuse for this dumb question. Are Superliner bedrooms only upper level, or are they lower level too? If they are only upper level, what are the rooms on lower level, Roomettes?

Thanks

There are some Superliner IIs built especially for the Auto Train which have all bedrooms on the upper level (ten), but on their lower level they have roomettes and an H-room and Family Bedroom. Not sure where the attendant sleeps on these; could be one of the lower level roomettes or else in a crew dorm.

There are some Superliner IIs built especially for the Auto Train which have all bedrooms on the upper level (ten), but on their lower level they have roomettes and an H-room and Family Bedroom. Not sure where the attendant sleeps on these; could be one of the lower level roomettes or else in a crew dorm.

In January when I took the Auto Train North, my roomette was in such a car. It's called a "Deluxe Sleeper". I think the SCA used one of the two empty roomettes on the lower level. Or, maybe the H room or the Family Bedroom. When I retired for the evening, both of those rooms doors were open. During the night when I visited the restroom, both of those doors were closed. I never saw any activity from those rooms before we arrived in Lorton.

Back