Superliner II Car Diagrams Webpage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! those are very nice diagrams! I bow to your superior HTML skills!

The only thing that I could suggest adding to the daigrams are the locations of known 110v plugs in the coach, lounge and sightseer cars. As to the sleepers, a simple note saying that there are two plugs in each compartment should suffice.

Rick

... and how about a layout diagram of the Transistion Sleepers.
Yes, that would have been nice to see but there doesn't seem to be any way to contact the person who does the website. I came across it on a Google search.

BTW, there are two configurations of Transition Sleepers. The first series doesn't have an accessible bedroom.

... and how about a layout diagram of the Transistion Sleepers.
Yes, that would have been nice to see but there doesn't seem to be any way to contact the person who does the website. I came across it on a Google search.

BTW, there are two configurations of Transition Sleepers. The first series doesn't have an accessible bedroom.
Seems as though the picture on the top is of a superliner 1, hence the riviting along the stripe, are you sure these are superliner 2?

Seems as though the picture on the top is of a superliner 1, hence the riviting along the stripe, are you sure these are superliner 2?
The picture may be a Superliner I, the car diagrams are definitely Superliner II. You'll note that the author of the webpage doesn't differentiate in his remarks & may not be aware of the fact that there are first & second generations of the equipment. Whatever the case, it's a well-done webpage, as are his others.

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture may be a Superliner I, the car diagrams are definitely Superliner II. You'll note that the author of the webpage doesn't differentiate in his remarks & may not be aware of the fact that there are first & second generations of the equipment. Whatever the case, it's a well-done webpage, as are his others.
There is no doubt that the picture is of a Superliner I lounge car, the number on the side confirms it.

As for the differences between I's and II's, they really aren't that significant when it comes to what those diagrams are trying to provide in terms of information. :)

There is no doubt that the picture is of a Superliner I lounge car, the number on the side confirms it.

As for the differences between I's and II's, they really aren't that significant when it comes to what those diagrams are trying to provide in terms of information. :)
Alan,

Thanks for understanding my original intent. I published the diagrams to give a basic layout of each car type. The diagrams were published in recent Amtrak publications including the most recent Amtrak Vacations brochure. I just wanted to make them more accessible to the internet crowd. I don't yet have a diagram of the transition sleeper so that's whey it is not yet posted.

I've updated the page to reflect that the diagrams are for Superliner II cars.

-David Z

Chicago, IL

Alan,

Thanks for understanding my original intent. I published the diagrams to give a basic layout of each car type. The diagrams were published in recent Amtrak publications including the most recent Amtrak Vacations brochure. I just wanted to make them more accessible to the internet crowd. I don't yet have a diagram of the transition sleeper so that's whey it is not yet posted.

I've updated the page to reflect that the diagrams are for Superliner II cars.

-David Z

Chicago, IL
No criticism intended or implied. I think you did a great job!

Very nice diagrams! Noticed that there are two different layouts of snack bar, depending on Superliner I and II.
Yes, the Superliner II lounges were designed to be compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act. The vestibule is in the center to allow wheelchair accessibility, the cars are supposed to carry a wheelchair ramp, and the restroom is accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back