Superliner roomette space, views

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever slept in the top bunk of a Superliner roomette and had it up the entire trip and thereby just use the seats (that make up into the bottom bunk) as seats during the day?
Was the Sleeper Full? If not, you could have asked to be moved if a Room was available!

Please Call Amtrak (.800- USA- RAIL ) and when you get a Live Agent, ask for Customer Relations and report this.

You should be entitled to a Partial Refund or a Good Will Voucher for Future Travel.

The Superliner IIs have not been rehabbed like the Is, and lots of Mechanical problems are plauging these 40+ Year Old Cars.
Yes, unfortunately we had a full train until we arrived at the Reno Nevada stop. Which was almost the end of the trip. I did contact Amtrak customer relations and they were very helpful and supportive. We were supposed to return on the Zephyr after 4 days in San Francisco and they tried upgrading us to a bedroom, however the train was booked solid with no bedrooms available. So they sent us on to LA via the San Joaquin +bus and we had a bedroom on the SW Chief! For me a life long rail fan, this was fantastic. The Zephyr trip was a bucket list item for my wife and I. We got to check off another one with the Chief! Also the air conditioning worked beautifully on the Chief and we arrived back home on time!

Yes, unfortunately we had a full train until we arrived at the Reno Nevada stop. Which was almost the end of the trip. I did contact Amtrak customer relations and they were very helpful and supportive. We were supposed to return on the Zephyr after 4 days in San Francisco and they tried upgrading us to a bedroom, however the train was booked solid with no bedrooms available. So they sent us on to LA via the San Joaquin +bus and we had a bedroom on the SW Chief! For me a life long rail fan, this was fantastic. The Zephyr trip was a bucket list item for my wife and I. We got to check off another one with the Chief! Also the air conditioning worked beautifully on the Chief and we arrived back home on time!
Fantastic!😎

Back