Superliner Roomette with 2 people and CPAP machine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredevad

Lead Service Attendant
I will be traveling soon in a superliner roomette with my partner who needs to use a CPAP. Does anyone have any experience with where to put the CPAP machine when in sleeping configuration?

All I can envision is to put the CPAP on the top step to the upper berth, but I'll need that step to get up there. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's a good picture that shows the two flat horizontal surfaces, one at each end, that are convenient for the bottom bed.

sleeper.png

I also put mine at the head of the bed next to the wall and experienced no problems. Keep in mind that there is only one outlet in SL roomettes and could be at either end depending on what direction the car is oriented. A 6 foot extension cord would be a mighty handy thing to bring with you.

Any list of "what should I bring" items" almost always includes a plug strip (suggest the 6') and a roll of duct tape. Gaffers tape would probably be better, but is much less commonly available.

Thanks for the suggestions! I always have plenty of extension cord when traveling on Amtrak, but it will be my fist time sleeping in the upper berth. ☺

Just for future reference, the CPAP fit easily on the upper step sideways against the wall. The only thing I forgot about is that the power is cut during switching in Spokane, at which time my partner woke up with a gasp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back