Superliners in Phase VI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
According to this post at Trainorders, Superliners are being painted into Phase VI. As I posted there, I think these may be the two cars Beech Grove just released and used in their "re-opening" celebration.

I like the description of the repaired Superliners. I can't wait to see one in Phase IVb (A.K.A. Phase VI). Now, I wonder if they stripped the old Phase III and Phase IV paint schemes off, or if they just painted over it again. I presume they had to since it no longer says "Superliner" at the top, but you never know. :unsure:

Anyone know the car numbers (so my boys at SFA can be on the lookout for them)?

battalion51 said:
Anyone know the car numbers (so my boys at SFA can be on the lookout for them)?
According to the post from Trainorders.com:

They were 32032 and 32053.
Unfortunately, since they were last sighted in Chicago, it may be a while before they get your way. Then again, they may go from CHI to LAX and get thrown on the Sunset Limited.

Well I tend to call it Phase VI, but in reality it is only Phase IV with a different shade blue. You may even want to call it Phase V since I would not consider the lava-lamps or shamus any Phase.

At this point everyone has their own name for it. I call it VI since it's a different shade of blue and most have the red reflective stripe at the bottom.

I posted it in another thread before I remembered this one was here, so I'll be somewhat redundant (I used to be in government and it's one of my talents). 32053 was reported to be on 5 that departed Chicago 2/3 meaning it should have arrived in Sac today. I arrived into Sac just in time to see 5 leave but did not notice this car in the consist. I will check 6 tomorrow morning as it uses the same train set, and 5 just in case I got the date wrong. I'll be waiting with a camera to hopefully get a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back