Superliners on the International

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the International on Thursday Feb 27 and it was a consist of 3 Superliner coaches. I was talking to the Cafe Attendent at the boarder crossing and she told me that the International is a supperliner consist during the winter because of the pipe frezzing probles with the single level fleet but durring the summer it gets Amfleet and horizon coaches during the summer. the consist also had signs from a Texas route? I for get which on but i will find out on Sat when I travel home

It may have been equipment from the Heartland Flyer. Where some of the cars High-Levels? They're bi-level, but are congruted and are a few inches shorter than the Superliner?

Amfleet said:
It may have been equipment from the Heartland Flyer. Where some of the cars High-Levels? They're bi-level, but are congruted and are a few inches shorter than the Superliner?
No I suspect that it really was Superliner equipment. Amtrak has done this in the past, including last year. During the winter months Amtrak has plenty of Superliner equipment available. It's only during the peak summer months that they don't have any spare equipment.

AlanB said:
Amfleet said:
No I suspect that it really was Superliner equipment. Amtrak has done this in the past, including last year. During the winter months Amtrak has plenty of Superliner equipment available. It's only during the peak summer months that they don't have any spare equipment.
If Amtrak has plenty of Superliner equipment available during the winter, I wish they'd put an extra coach or two on 5/6 to accomodate the Bay Area to Reno market. It is completely sold out going up every Friday (6) and back every Sunday(5), up to 3 months ahead of time, and often sold out many days during the week too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back