Survey Points Club

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to participate in the survey points club but after trying it a for a short while I concluded that the time didn't justify the return. Even at 50 points (.2665 ea) for completing the survey, it pays you $1.33 for up to 20-30 minutes of time to complete it. That's not even close to minimum wage. My time is worth more than that.

I used to participate in the survey points club but after trying it a for a short while I concluded that the time didn't justify the return. Even at 50 points (.2665 ea) for completing the survey, it pays you $1.33 for up to 20-30 minutes of time to complete it. That's not even close to minimum wage. My time is worth more than that.
Same for me. I'm 65 (going on 66) but still working, so I usually have far better things to do with my free time than answer surveys. I did spring for FNBO's AGR credit card when it became available (Fall 2022), though, and that has been far more productive for earning AGR points. I mostly only use it for dining purchases, for the double AGR points.

What exactly is the cash value of an AGR point? Is it .2665 per point? If I multiple the total number of points in our account by .2665 will this give us the amount we have available to spend on future travel?

What exactly is the cash value of an AGR point? Is it .2665 per point? If I multiple the total number of points in our account by .2665 will this give us the amount we have available to spend on future travel?
No, looks like @dlagrua mistyped by a factor of 10. Compared to disability fares, I calculated it at roughly $0.025 for me.

Their value would be a bit higher for folks who would otherwise pay full fare.

We usually pay full fares although we do receive a senior discount. So what is the value of one of our travel points?
On a Roomette from MIA to NYP, $0.0258781167198859

On a disability fare, it's actually $0.0239995923636117

I guess I had settled on $0.025 as a round number between the 2. I did say it was "roughly."

Back