Survey Points Club

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After poking around a bit I'm not sure whether starting a thread is possible, so I'll use this one which seems closest to my topic. Amtrak Guest Rewards today sent me an email about joining the Survey Points Club whereby when I fill in a survey I can earn AGR points. As one who likes to respond to surveys I'm interested, but should I be leery about signing up? For example, so often providing personal information tends to generate more bombardment by folks with whom such information is shared.

After poking around a bit I'm not sure whether starting a thread is possible, so I'll use this one which seems closest to my topic. Amtrak Guest Rewards today sent me an email about joining the Survey Points Club whereby when I fill in a survey I can earn AGR points. As one who likes to respond to surveys I'm interested, but should I be leery about signing up? For example, so often providing personal information tends to generate more bombardment by folks with whom such information is shared.

I‘ve been a member of it for several years now and had no qualms in signing up. Just be forewarned, you won’t qualify for every survey. To me, it’s worth my time but other AU members don’t agree.

Here is an old discussion on the subject.

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/points-for-completing-survey.67122/

I did this about a year ago for several months and I ended up racking up a fair number of points. Then one day I was unceremoniously dumped, with no reasonable explanation why:

"Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.
As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.
We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website."

You can game the system in order to screen into many surveys, but I never did that. Always answered screening questions honestly and as a result failed to qualify for a sizable number of them, so have no idea what this even means. I also wonder if I got too many points fpr their liking,

I did this about a year ago for several months and I ended up racking up a fair number of points. Then one day I was unceremoniously dumped, with no reasonable explanation why:

"Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.
As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.
We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website."

You can game the system in order to screen into many surveys, but I never did that. Always answered screening questions honestly and as a result failed to qualify for a sizable number of them, so have no idea what this even means. I also wonder if I got too many points fpr their liking,
Ditto!

Has anyone done any surveys here recently? I've logged into the site the past two days and it says there are no surveys available. Has the well dried up?

This happened to me a couple of years ago when I was unceremiously dumped from the panel. I wrote to ask what happened and they sent me a vague response that said, basically, I violated some rules of which I cannot envision what that could have been. I believe I did too many and earned too much for their liking.

I decided to write in to ask if my account was in good standing. They replied a few hours later saying that it was. And a couple hours after that, I got an email notifying me I had a new survey available. I would guess that's not a coincidence, as I hadn't gotten such an email for at least the past 30 days.

I decided to write in to ask if my account was in good standing. They replied a few hours later saying that it was. And a couple hours after that, I got an email notifying me I had a new survey available. I would guess that's not a coincidence, as I hadn't gotten such an email for at least the past 30 days.
Evidently you remain a good human and I was not. I now just noticed that I had posted about my account suspension above in this thread. I still call it b.s.

Survey Points Club is a mixed bag. I joined some years ago, deleted my account, and then last year forgot why I did that and signed up again. Seems I had to repeat the mistake. The obvious upside is picking up some points for completing a survey. Mostly you will fill out some demographic info and then be told you don't quality. Still, racking up 5 points for every survey you're not qualified for, is not a bad deal because you're not spending for the points. However, it gets tedious, and if you do quality for one, get ready for 45 minutes of more tedium. I think they are constantly canvassing to see how reliable you are, and with all the annoying repeated questions, you're only human if you give two different answers to a question on two different days. Worse, this time around, I thought the screening questions became increasingly intrusive the more surveys you attempt, so I just stopped participating at all. I get 1-2 emails daily from them trying to entice me with a new survey although I have not even tried to access one in months. It's on my to-do list to deactivate my account again, and hopefully this time I don't forget why.

Survey Points Club is a mixed bag. I joined some years ago, deleted my account, and then last year forgot why I did that and signed up again. Seems I had to repeat the mistake. The obvious upside is picking up some points for completing a survey. Mostly you will fill out some demographic info and then be told you don't quality. Still, racking up 5 points for every survey you're not qualified for, is not a bad deal because you're not spending for the points. However, it gets tedious, and if you do quality for one, get ready for 45 minutes of more tedium. I think they are constantly canvassing to see how reliable you are, and with all the annoying repeated questions, you're only human if you give two different answers to a question on two different days. Worse, this time around, I thought the screening questions became increasingly intrusive the more surveys you attempt, so I just stopped participating at all. I get 1-2 emails daily from them trying to entice me with a new survey although I have not even tried to access one in months. It's on my to-do list to deactivate my account again, and hopefully this time I don't forget why.

Thiis is a good analysis.

I signed up for the Survey Points Club right after I signed up for Amtrak Guest Rewards, and did a few surveys the first day; haven't received any emails from them since then, though (and it's been about a month at this point).

I signed up for the Survey Points Club right after I signed up for Amtrak Guest Rewards, and did a few surveys the first day; haven't received any emails from them since then, though (and it's been about a month at this point).

When I did them a couple of years ago, and before I was kicked off the panel, I was getting several invitations per day. Who knows how that works now.

When I did them a couple of years ago, and before I was kicked off the panel, I was getting several invitations per day. Who knows how that works now.
I usually get at least several invitations a week, but have not done an Amtrak survey in a while (but do HH surveys a couple of times a month). After reading your post, I saw that I had an invitation and I accepted it. It was for 50 points! I qualified and got my 50 points (and lost a half hour of my time).

I had not received a survey offer for a while and received one this morning. I participated in the survey (taking a bit longer than the projected 15 mintues) and I received 30 points.

I had not received a survey offer for a while and received one this morning. I participated in the survey (taking a bit longer than the projected 15 mintues) and I received 30 points.
You received about 75 cents for 20 or more minutes of your time. If you enjoy doing the surveys, that's fine, but I've decided they're not worth it.

I’ve been taking those surveys for five years,but not so much recently. Biggest hassle is taking a survey and after almost completing it getting the message “this is not the right survey for you. To thank you for your effort we have added five points to your account”. This has been happening quite a bit lately,so I have just about given up. Not worth it

Last year, I signed up for the Amtrak Survey Points Club. Every day I receive an e-mail with a new survey to take. Most surveys begin by asking for some general information: age, race, zip code, level of education, approximate household income, etc. (No specific information such as name, address, phone number, etc. is ever asked for.) Assuming I fall into the demographic they are trying to reach, I’m allowed to take the survey, which promises to reward me with X number of AGR points - 15-30-40-50, etc. if I complete it. Sometimes after answering a few questions, I’ll get a message “This is not the right survey for you” and I will be directed to another survey. (Supposedly, I am receiving 5 AGR points even for those surveys I start but then don’t qualify for.) The surveys I’ve participated in so far have covered a wide variety of subjects: health care providers, insurance, travel habits, online shopping habits, in-store shopping habits, various products I’m familiar with and/or purchase on a regular basis, etc. While I don’t qualify for every survey, I am usually able to complete one every other day or so. At the conclusion of each survey, I always log onto my Amtrak AGR account and, sure enough, my total number of points has increased. I’ve not been keeping track of the total number of AGR points I’ve earned just from taking surveys, but even earning 20 or 30 points every other day is bound to add up eventually. Being retired, I have the time to do the surveys and now actually look forward to taking them, just to see what the subjects will be. Surprisingly, there has only been one survey that asked about my past and future trips with Amtrak. Surprisingly, after answering a few questions, I got the “This is not the right survey for you” message. (Perhaps they were looking for the responses from people who don’t use Amtrak that often.)

Last year, I signed up for the Amtrak Survey Points Club. Every day I receive an e-mail with a new survey to take. Most surveys begin by asking for some general information: age, race, zip code, level of education, approximate household income, etc. (No specific information such as name, address, phone number, etc. is ever asked for.) Assuming I fall into the demographic they are trying to reach, I’m allowed to take the survey, which promises to reward me with X number of AGR points - 15-30-40-50, etc. if I complete it. Sometimes after answering a few questions, I’ll get a message “This is not the right survey for you” and I will be directed to another survey. (Supposedly, I am receiving 5 AGR points even for those surveys I start but then don’t qualify for.) The surveys I’ve participated in so far have covered a wide variety of subjects: health care providers, insurance, travel habits, online shopping habits, in-store shopping habits, various products I’m familiar with and/or purchase on a regular basis, etc. While I don’t qualify for every survey, I am usually able to complete one every other day or so. At the conclusion of each survey, I always log onto my Amtrak AGR account and, sure enough, my total number of points has increased. I’ve not been keeping track of the total number of AGR points I’ve earned just from taking surveys, but even earning 20 or 30 points every other day is bound to add up eventually. Being retired, I have the time to do the surveys and now actually look forward to taking them, just to see what the subjects will be. Surprisingly, there has only been one survey that asked about my past and future trips with Amtrak. Surprisingly, after answering a few questions, I got the “This is not the right survey for you” message. (Perhaps they were looking for the responses from people who don’t use Amtrak that often.)
I joined this outfit a few years ago and soon became OCD about responding to surveys. It was consuming but over the course of a couple of years plus I earned enough points for a goodly number of AGR points plus Amazon gift cards which I would cash in late each year to use for Christmas gifts. I could see that it would be easy to game the system. You get a feel for how to respond to screening questions to get more surveys; however I never did that. I also answered every question honestly and rarely got caught by trap questions in which they would kick me out. However one day, unceremoniously, I was dropped for violating some vague terms of service which they refused to explain. I still have no earthly idea what that could have been and it ticked me off for some time. That said, I don't miss doing those darn things.

Typical reward is 30-40 points, for a redemption value of a whopping 75¢ to $1. I usually spent 20-30 minutes on a survey. I remember one where they kept showing me pictures of grocery shelves and asking if I could find a product, whether it stood out, etc. Then they'd show the same shelf with a slight difference and ask again. Then they'd change the product, and do it all again. Geez! Hard work for 75¢!

Just for the heck of it, to see if it still worked, I tried a survey last week. It went on, and on, and on. It was like 5 different surveys appended together, sometimes asking the same questions over again! And again I was rewarded a measly 30 points.

Not for me. I don't have that kind of patience.

Back