SW Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Late Shore

Thanks for the info guys, that really helps. :D I'd just like to know 2 more things?

1.) Does anybody have an idea how the service is in first class is on the LSL between Bos-Chi. I've heard that the viewliner equipment is sliding downhill.

2.) Is the SW Chief using Super 1's or Super 2's or both?

Well like anything that doesn't get enough money, there are some problems with the VL sleepers. I haven't encountered any major problems though. Yes the cars are showing their years already and some have already gone through a refurbishment program.

In general though I still prefer a VL to a Superliner. I've also heard that there have been some improvements in employee attitudes from the staff in the diner. In the past many people have complained about the diner, but lately more people are reporting good experiences.

As for the Chief, it’s anybody’s guess as to whether you will see I’s or II’s. These days thanks to the equipment shortage Amtrak is throwing anything it can into service and is less concerned with keeping all the II’s together.

The Southwest Chief I think tends to run with a mix of equipment like Alan said. Remember though about half the Superliner I Sleepers and some coaches have been refurbished.

Just got back from a trip (Bos-Flg-Bos). We did notice a change in attitude on the Lake Shore from earlier trips. The SW Chief was great for meals but had one sleeping car attendent that played the disappearing act on the east bound. We had Kevin G. as attendent on the Lake Shore and even though we left Chi. 2 hrs late he made the trip enjoyable, wish all attendents were as competent as him, Amtrak could sure use them. All in all I must say we had a real good ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back