SWC Timetable?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortline

Conductor
Just pulled out of LA on the Chief. I like to check for progress against the timetable on occasion, but right now all the timetable pages on Amtrak.com go to the Covid/service suspension message. Anyone have the SWC timetable you can post for me? Thanks!

Short lines question is always part of the mystique while traveling on Amtrak. Where are we at, and where are we supposed to be. Not much one can do about it, but sometimes plans change. Always nice to have the schedule.

Short lines question is always part of the mystique while traveling on Amtrak. Where are we at, and where are we supposed to be. Not much one can do about it, but sometimes plans change. Always nice to have the schedule.
Mostly just concerned with ABQ. If early enough I’ll grab lunch and walk over to the market and buy some decent wine, cheese, crackers, pickles, etc, they have quite a good selection. Saves me from the flex dining mess. Didn’t have time before boarding in LA.

Last edited:
Mostly just concerned with ABQ. If early enough I’ll grab lunch and walk over to the market and buy some decent wine, cheese, crackers, pickles, etc, they have quite a good selection. Saves me from the flex dining mess. Didn’t have time before boarding in LA.

I don't think you can or should legally leave the train and head to the market right now due to COVID-19 Quarenteen restrictions from the New Mexico Department of Health https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Executive-Order-2020-054-2.pdf it requires anyone entering the state from out of state to quarenteen for 14 days (or until you leave the state)

I don't think you can or should legally leave the train and head to the market right now due to COVID-19 Quarenteen restrictions from the New Mexico Department of Health https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Executive-Order-2020-054-2.pdf it requires anyone entering the state from out of state to quarenteen for 14 days (or until you leave the state)
Since the local pizza place was closed, I ended up calling for delivery anyway. But can tell you, no one seems to care. Outside the train, masks were nearly non-existent, and half the train crew went to the market-as is usual. 9E9B6B0A-6E92-4314-B00C-594642DCA587.jpeg

Thanks-yesterday that was linking to a message about Covid and reduced schedules, couldn’t get to the actual timetables....looks like they fixed it.
The link on Amtrak's page will still take you to the COVID-19 page. We just happen to know where the schedules can be found. Another site with pre-COVID-19 schedules is here: Amtrak Timetable Archives - Home

Since the local pizza place was closed, I ended up calling for delivery anyway. But can tell you, no one seems to care. Outside the train, masks were nearly non-existent, and half the train crew went to the market-as is usual. View attachment 17957
Thanks for the, In Real Time report. Hope you were able to get your snacks and vino.

Last edited:
Back