Taxi from ATL Amtrak to ATL Airport

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Does anyone have any idea of how much a cab would be from the Atlanta Amtrak station to Atlanta Hartsfield airport?

You can use MARTA, Atlanta's rapid transit system, to get from downtown to the airport. Fares are just $2.00. A taxi runs about $30.00+. Use the "Plan My Trip" feature on the MARTA website for specific details and schedules.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, do the MARTA thing. You might want to take a cab from Peachtree Station to the nearest MARTA station though, its about a mile or so, or it was the last time I was there about 7 years ago.

MARTA includes the bus as well as the train. MARTA bus stops right in front of the station. Just pay $2 to ride if to the Arts Center Station and pay another #2.50 to ride the train straight into the airport proper.

Only reason not to do it that way is it you are struggling with luggage on the bus.Then you might want to take a cab to the Arts Center Station and there catch the train.

Catch the bus on the Amtrak station side of the street. Any southbound bus.

yeah, do the MARTA thing. You might want to take a cab from Peachtree Station to the nearest MARTA station though, its about a mile or so, or it was the last time I was there about 7 years ago.
There's a bus that stops right outside the Peachtree station and takes you to Arts Center from where you can catch the metro to the airport. It's very simple. I've done it several times.

According to MARTA, a Schedule if you are Southbound on Amtrak:

Depart: 8:52a - PEACHTREE RD NW@DEERING RD NW

On MARTA: 110 THE PEACH- ARTS CTR STATION

Arrive: 9:00a - PEACHTREE ST@15TH ST

Transfer to: 9:02a - ARTS CENTER STATION

On MARTA: NS SOUTHBOUND TO AIRPORT STATION

Arrive: 9:26a - AIRPORT STATION

or if you are Northbound on Amtrak:

7:51p - PEACHTREE RD NW@DEERING RD

On MARTA: 110 THE PEACH - LENOX STA- BUCKHEAD

Arrive: 8:16p - LENOXRD NE@E PACES FERRYRD NE

Transfer to: 8:20p - LENOX STATION

On MARTA: NE SOUTHBOUND TO AIRPORT STATION

Arrive: 8:53p - AIRPORT STATION

They also say it's $2 for the whole trip. Be sure to get transfer slip from bus driver.

The choice between the bus + MARTA option, or taking a cab, depends to a degree on luggage. For someone traveling light (maybe a single carry-on), then taking a bus and MARTA would be OK (a hassle and time consuming, but OK). If there are some bags in tow, then a cab directly to ATL would be much easier than dragging a bunch of suitcases on and off a bus and through the MARTA fare gates.

Again MARTA operates both the buses and the trains.

Again, just catch the MARTA bus number 110 southbound to Arts Center Station.

At the Arts Center Station just transfer from a MARTA bus to a MARTA train.(there are other buses in Atlanta besides Marta but you will not see them at the Amtrak station.)

Only thing wrong with that is a lot of luggage would be a problem on the bus. Luggage is not such a problem on the train since it is platform level.

Everything at the Arts Center can be done with an elevator.

As one who ride these trains and buses every day I would suggest you board the MARTA train toward the rear. IT is usually less crowded--thus making it easier to board with your luggage.

My understanding is that the cab to the airport is around #30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately you can only do a connection with a Breeze card, which you can only get at the MARTA stations, not on the bus. So if you're originating at the Amtrak station, you have to pay $2 cash on the bus to get to MARTA, where you can get the Breeze card. This isn't a problem going from MARTA to the bus.

There's a bus that stops right outside the Peachtree station and takes you to Arts Center from where you can catch the metro to the airport. It's very simple. I've done it several times.
I'll be doing the MARTA shuffle in reverse from the Atlanta airport to Peach Tree Station in November. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back