Texas eagle 422

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently A few miles from stl station waiting for freight traffic. We are about an hour late.

I gave them a second chance in the dining car. The LSA made an effort at the beginnIng but list steam. The waitress continued her efforts of rudeness towards me. The letter will go out today when I get home.

I'll be doing that ride in October. I like the detour too. Unfortunately a private car was attached to the back so there is no railfan window view. I was looking forward to that.

We are currently in St Louis having arrived 30 minutes ago. After refueling and restocking we should be underway.

Lonnie brought lunch about 1:45 pm. Angus burger with cheese and bacon, a pepsi, chips and bread pudding for dessert. Delicious. It is kind of nice eating in your room with privacy.

We had a very efficient ride on the detour. Only one other stop besides the medical emergency. We overtook at least one freight. Currently in Dolton changing engineers.

Predicting 4 pm arrival. We just passed 47th street. Over all union pacific did a good job on this trip. Only delays were caused by heat speed restrictions and medical issues. Some freight traffic east of Dallas, but dispatcher really worked to get us through. This is my last post.

Would I do this again? Yep. If I had resources I would go hone, shower and ride out tonight.

Yeah, thanks for sharing, and for the virtual wave over Twitter when you were south of STL :)

I enjoyed sharing the trip too. I'm home now with the pizza ordered getting ready to watch the recorded Bears game
:hi: Im watching the Game Live here in Texas Steve! Is CHI "behind", or blacking out the Game, like the West Coast is for some programs?? :giggle: (I hate the Giants, my Cowboys have to play them twice, the Eagles and Deadskins twice, and Da Bears! Tough schedule! :eek:

Glad you made it home! The Detour isnt anything to write home about right??, just new mileage and more Train time! :wub: I know youll let CR know about Lonnie :cool: (I agree, hes second only to Jim on this route!)and the Drama Queens in the Diner! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back